Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine Monster Mail Carriers

Last year, Connor and I made a cute little monster mail box out of a kleenex box. This year we're making these cute little guys with his whole class during art time tomorrow. I'm going to teach a quick lesson on 3D art and then we're going to be making a bunch of monster mail carriers.

Here's what you need to make a Valentine Monster Mail Carrier:

gluesticks
scissors
toothpicks

Small craft bag with handle 5.5" x 8.5" OR the larger size will work fine as well
*You can buy these in a pack of 13 at Michael's. I went with the primary colored bags for the class.

1.25" x 11" strips of colored cardstock for the arms and legs

approx. 2.5" wide hearts for the arms and feet

1.5" or larger circle punch for the whites of eyes

1" or 1 1/4"circle punch for the colored part of eyes

small heart punch for the pupils

wide oval punch for the nose

The flag is made with a 1 1/2" x 4 1/4" white strip of cardstock folded around a toothpick
*Flag ideas: Feed me Valentines, I eat Valentines, Greetings Valentine, "Oh Googlie-bear", "Schmoopsie", "uh, my friends call me Phlem", "You and me, me and you, both of us together", "can I borrow your odorant?", basically anything from Monsters Inc would be classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment