Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Tree Party Invitation


My quilt group is having our annual Christmas party this week. I made the invitations for our party with the help of my friend Tina. You can catch some of Tina's cute projects at Needles-n-Notions. I found this cute idea when I was looking for ideas for gift tags to teach at my Relief Society craft night at church. I found this little Christmas tree idea from here and then I remembered that I made a tutorial on paper flowers a while ago. My tutorial shows you how to fold a circle to make the tree. Check out Abigail's Paper Flower tutorial right here to see how it's done.  I found the darling little gold glitter star brads from Michael's. I used Stampin' Up!'s Be of Good Cheer DSP for the tree. It has several sheets of nice green paper. Tina also helped me with cutting out all the circles on her cricut. Since she was cutting from 12" x 12" sheets of paper, the circles were just shy of 3" in diameter.  I love, love, love SU!'s new In Color gumball green. I used the 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in gumball green and the red gingham is some old retired SU! ribbon. I was sad to see that gingham ribbon go. I'm hoping to get around to making a post on the gift tags that I ended up teaching but I'm currently working on a tutorial for a doll sleeping bag. I've been totally consumed with American Girl clothing patterns and tutorials. I'm making a sleeping bag and pillow for my friend who is going to give me a wii game that my boys want for Christmas. Oh, the joys of bartering! So, we shall see what gets done first!

1 comment: